Lambda Ventures is the consulting branch of Beta Alpha Psi. Unlike many other consulting-based student organizations on campus, both our market and goals are unique. We aim to support UC Berkeley student and alum entrepreneurs by providing professional consulting services as well as third-party assistance with raising capital. In essence, we help refine new business ideas and then facilitate the transition towards dealing with incubators, angel investors, and venture capitalists.
Lambda Ventures markets to the entire Cal community and within the Beta Alpha Psi alumni base. We focus efforts within the Haas School of Business and the College of Engineering, and we look for entrepreneurs whose businesses may be in the planning stages or are currently operating.
The organization complements the success Beta Alpha Psi members have displayed in consulting through their numerous local, national, and international case competition wins. Please click here for a list of Beta Alpha Psi’s awards and achievements.
The objectives of Lambda Ventures are two-fold: to provide professional consulting services to UC Berkeley student and alum entrepreneurs and to connect these clients to investors for further business development.
The organization also looks to:
- Provide professional consulting focused on business strategy for Cal student and alum entrepreneurs.
- Boost the entrepreneurial spirit at Cal and bolster the Haas entrepreneurship community.
- Create an attractive consulting group within Beta Alpha Psi for members to further develop and apply their consulting skill set.
- Partner with private investors (angel investors, venture capitalists, private equity firms, etc.) to help premier clients access venues for funding.
- Provide real-life consulting experience for Lambda Ventures members, in addition to venture capital and entrepreneurship education.